Adopt a Village
Partners International offers your church an opportunity to partner with national Christians take the Good News of Jesus to an unreached community. You can connect with one village in the developing world. As you walk with your global neighbours, you can help share the love of God in word and deed.
Evangelism, discipleship and church planting are at the heart of our Adopt a Village program. Your congregation can support workers who will share the Word of God with people who have never heard. Working with national leaders, you will have the joy of planting a daughter church in an unreached community.
The Adopt a Village program allows your church to serve the poor and help meet their physical needs—just as Jesus commanded. The Christian workers and the new church you plant will extend your compassionate ministry and help transform lives for today and for eternity.
How It Works:
1. Set clear partnership goals
You can help transform a community by bringing the Good News of Jesus to an unreached village. Working through local leaders, your church can be instrumental in addressing spiritual and physical needs in some of the following ways:
- Sponsor one or two evangelists who will minister in the village you have adopted.
- Support children to receive education, Bible teaching and help with physical needs.
- Build a basic church building in which the new congregation can worship.
- Provide transportation, leadership training, food programs or other small community development projects.
2. Establish regular communication and accountability
Good communication is necessary to build a strong relationship between your congregation and the community with which you partner.
- You will receive an annual formal report that includes statistics, testimonies and prayer requests.
- You will also receive three updates that may take the form of slide shows, video presentations, conference calls or other informal reports.
- We encourage your congregation to share your own prayer requests with the believers in the village you adopt.
3. Visit your adopted village
Churches are encouraged to plan a visit to the village they have adopted. Since accessibility varies from village to village, specific details of your ministry visit will depend on local conditions.
4. Plan for sustainability and an exit strategy
Your commitment lasts 10 to 12 years, and helps build the capacity of the new church to support itself. A plan for finanical phase-out will be established by the midpoint of your partner- ship. At the end of your commitment, we encourage you to adopt another village.