About this donation
Cuba is a land of warm Caribbean breezes and open-hearted people. Glimpses of the nation’s prosperous past can still be seen, but today most Cubans live in poverty. In a complex political and religious environment, the church is seeing many accept the rich promise of new life in Jesus.
Riding a wave of explosive church growth
The Baptist Convention of Eastern Cuba works primarily in the towns and villages of Eastern Cuba. In recent years, the denomination has rapidly grown to include more than 380 churches and a vast network of mission groups and home churches. Key ministry highlights include:
- Mobilizing lay people, students and pastors to share the good news is a ministry priority. Last year, through large and small events, tens of thousands of Cubans found new life in Jesus.
- An outreach to children now includes more than 15,000 boys and girls, who often introduce their parents to the Good News of Jesus.
- As many people come to Christ, churches are bursting at the seams. About 30 new churches are planted each year along with a thousand home churches.
- With more churches than pastors, the seminary at Santiago de Cuba plays the vital role of preparing men and women to lead the work.
- The ministry has an extensive training program for church members, first to establish them in their faith and to train them to lead home churches.
Tax receipts will be issued for gifts of $10 or more.