Come on Mission With Us to South America
Help Us Build Homes This June!
MINAP is working in the great rainforest of the Amazon Basin. Tribal people themselves, they know the plight of the races making up the inhabitants of the deep jungle. They seek to preserve the Church, mobilize trained and committed Indians who live and travel rivers and under the forest canopy to preserve lives, dignity and provide contextual teaching that relates to the challenges faced by tribal people.
- Workers travel rivers and hike under the rainforest canopy to share the Gospel contextually and build an authentically indigenous church that addresses the needs of primitive tribes in holistic manner.
- On this trip you will help build housing for workers who will oversee a new training facility and income generation project, and you will see the amazing work in the Amazon.
At the base the team will meet and have fellowship with MINAP missionaries like Raul (pictured below). They will appreciate your attempts to try out Spanish!
The MINAP leaders will explain about the challenges for missions in the Amazon and how they are working in a holistic way to;
- Contact previously unreached tribes
- Protect primitive peoples from the evils of the modern world
- Develop an authentically indigenous church
About Lima, Peru
- Lima Peru is ~8hr flight from Toronto usually via the US.
- Peru same time zone as Toronto
- From Lima, the MINAP mission base is a short flight away in the city of Pucallpa (pop 220,000)
- Close to Andes mountains & legendary Machu Picchu
- Flight from Lima to Pucallpa goes over the stunning Andes into Amazon Basin
- Notice the snakelike Ucayali River draining northward into the Amazon through Pucallpa
How We Can Contribute
You will travel outside of the city to the new MINAP farm to primarily be part of a building project.
- The team is encouraged to raise funds to help with a structure to ensure protection of the MINAP farm from squatters.
- The ultimate goal is to activate the land and bring greater sustainability to MINAP.
In addition to the building project, there will be many opportunities throughout the trip to:
- Encourage staff at the base with Christian teaching, fellowship and worship together.
- Serve the MINAP workers by acts of care.
- Help with the farm upkeep.
Get Educated & Activated
This trip offers an opportunity to delve deeply into some important mission topics.
- Reaching the last ‘stone-age’ people on earth.
- Protection of the Amazon and its indigenous people.
- Anthropology and missions.
- Defending vulnerable people from exploitation.
- Holistic / integral missions.
Sign Up Today!
To sign up for the trip, fill out the contact form below and a PI Representative will get back to you shortly: